Best Cable Companies and Satellite TV Providers
There are several factors when deciding between cable and satellite TV, such as the reliability, cost and types of programs you prefer to watch. Fortunately, we have broken down all the vital information and present you with our list of best cable and satellite providers.
Compare Top TV Providers
Read 3,824 Reviews
Mediacom has been serving small town America since 1996 offering 200+ HD channels, internet, in-星空娱乐app下载安装 WiFi & innovative technology like TiVo(R). You can get TV, internet & phone service bundled together, on 1 bill from 1 provider.
|Visit Website Toll free number (800) 479-2082|
Read 17,395 Reviews
DIRECTV is one of the most well-known satellite TV providers. It currently offers almost 200 HD channels to consumers throughout the United States and Latin America, and has outranked cable TV in customer service for 14 years.
Read 6,338 Reviews
DISH Network is one of the largest satellite television providers in the world. It began offering television service to remote locations in the 1980s using just one dish, and has grown into an international Fortune 250 company.
Read 4,830 Reviews
Frontier Communications offers solutions for residential, small business and enterprise customers. Unlike many other providers, their prices are guaranteed for three years, and customers aren't forced to sign a contract.
Read 713 Reviews
Suddenlink Communication provides television, phone, 星空娱乐app下载安装 security and internet services. Their internet speeds range from 50 mbps to 1 gbps. They offer discounts for bundling services. Visit their website to see coverage areas.
Read 1,092 Reviews
Optimum offers cable television services through Cablevision as well as Internet services. It began as a local Long Island company with 1,500 customers and now offers local news channels in that area and throughout America.
|Comcast Cable Service|
Read 5,693 Reviews
Comcast Cable, also known as Xfinity, offers a wide variety of services including cable television, Internet, smart 星空娱乐app下载安装 and 星空娱乐app下载安装 protection. Customers can purchase bundled services or select only several services as they require.
Read 1,323 Reviews
Cox is one of the largest cable companies in the United States. It considers itself an ethical company and offers a code of ethics on its website so that customers can understand the values it is founded on and carries out.
Read 2,492 Reviews
Charter has been offering cable television services since 1993. It currently provides service to over 6 million customers in 28 states. It offers residential phone services in addition to TV and Internet services.
Read 477 Reviews
Founded in 1973, Cablevision offers advanced digital television among their line-up of services to residents and businesses of the greater New York area. Cablevision also has news channels formatted for New York viewers.
How to choose a cable provider
1. Check channel availability
Cable TV providers offer a large selection of channels and programs for customers; however, these companies must make arrangements with individual broadcast networks to gain access and curate deliverable content for their subscribers. Some channels may not be provided in your area or can be “blacked out” because of a pricing dispute. As you shop, make sure the company you are considering can provide you with the content you want. Along with availability, you should also discuss
- Standard channel packages: Different service providers contract with different networks and customers should make sure to get a package that covers the standard television channels they enjoy, including the traditional network channels.
- On-Demand availability: Most paid television service providers include on-demand content as part of their package. Customers can choose to pay extra and gain access to a variety of television shows and movies when they want to enjoy the entertainment.
- Sports: If you are a sports fan, make sure you have the option to watch your favorite team or league in your area. Many cable and satellite providers offer devoted stations as an extra option so you won’t miss a single game.
- Movie exclusives:After movies leave the theater, and before they hit DVD release, they may show up on a provider's pay-per-view option. Customers should check out the title selection on these streaming rentals to find exclusive access to popular new movies.
2. Make sure they are reliable
Local weather, satellite placement and the number of customers using a provider's internet or cable feed can have an impact on reliability. Blank TV channels and slow connections can shape the reputation of a company's reliability.
- Weather interference: Both cable and satellite television services can falter during bad weather, although it is more common with satellite providers.
- 星空娱乐app下载安装 failure: Some providers routinely use refurbished equipment, which can cause more frequent service outages.
- High-quality service: Some cable and satellite providers provide high-quality service and equipment that will not falter, regardless of the weather or how many people use the provider feed.
3. Study the company’s contract terms
The majority of cable and satellite TV providers offer customers packaged deal pricing on a contract basis. Generally, rates are locked in for two or more years, although companies may include an increase in cost after six or 12 months. Customers should ensure they do research about their contract and what it entails before locking in service with one company.
- No-contract service: Some service providers don't make customers sign a contract, but service pricing is subject to change when the company decides to alter prices.
- Standard contract service: TV contracts typically run for at least a year, although some offer multi-year contracts with pricing guarantees.
- 星空娱乐app下载安装 costs: In addition to contracts that lock in television pricing and plan time length, contacts may also including information about the cost or price of other related equipment and services, like installation costs or equipment rental fees.
4. Look into additional services
Many cable and satellite TV providers also offer extra services; for instance, they may offer television and music channels in addition to the basic package.
- Foreign language channels: The major players in the premium television space may offer content in a variety of different languages, especially Spanish.
- Music stations: Most satellite and cable providers have a multitude of music-only channels, where you can select a melodic ambiance to a party or play in the background while unwinding at the end of the day.
- Live recording services (DVR): In addition to on-demand services, most premium TV providers also offer equipment that allows subscribers to record shows for later playback.
5. Ask for package deals
Cable and satellite TV companies often package these related services together in bundles. Consumers can save by subscribing to TV and internet through the same company, for instance.
- TV plus internet: This is the most common package deal since premium television services often depend on a broadband internet connection to deliver channels.
- TV plus telephone: Some companies offer a package of television and internet service together, which provides users with a 星空娱乐app下载安装 phone line and cable television.
- TV plus telephone plus internet: Combining all three telecommunications services through one provider could net viewers a discount.
How much is cable per month?
Cable and satellite TV providers provide a range of services and packages, and thus, the cost of television for customers can vary. On average, expect to pay $85 a month for cable and $100 a month for satellite services. Many companies are known for providing budget services, while others offer premium content at a higher price. However, there are a few things you can do to reduce the cost of your service plan.
- Look for locked-in pricing: Some providers offer a price guarantee that lets new subscribers lock in their price for the duration of an extended contract.
- Ask about pricing tiers: Most providers have levels of service that include different channels based on price, and customers have the ability to choose the tier that best suits their budget and watching needs.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Cable and satellite TV provider reviews
With more than 39 million customers, DIRECTV is one of the largest providers of paid TV services. The company is headquartered in El Segundo, California, and it provides programming to customers through satellite transmissions.
Mediacom specializes in bringing the same high level of digital services that residents of major metropolitan areas enjoy to small towns and cities across the United States. They currently serve over 1,500 communities in 22 states.
Comcast Corporation operates two major media companies: Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. The company has grown into the largest residential paid TV service provider in America, and it provides a choice of cable packages and services for customers with a range of tastes and interests.
Founded in 1980, DISH Network now provides paid TV to almost 14 million subscribers. The company, headquartered in Meridian, Colorado, is the second-largest satellite TV provider in the United States.
Founded in 1973 under the name Cablevision Systems Corporation, Optimum continues to serve millions of customers in the New York area. The company offers television, Internet and cable services.
In 1989 when Time, Inc. and Warner Communications merged, the first seeds were planted for what would become one of the nation's largest cable television networks. Time Warner is headquartered in New York City.
Founded in 1962, Cox Cable serves more than 6.2 million residential customers each year. As the first cable company to offer business-centric products, it also offers businesses paid TV, telephone and Internet services.
Founded in 1993, Charter became a Fortune 500 company in 2001 and serves more than 6 million customers nationwide. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri.
Serving 730,000 customers in 19 states, Cable ONE has grown to be the 10th largest cable television provider in the United States. The company was founded in 1986.
Broadstripe Cable was founded in 1998 and bought by Anne Arundel Broadband in 2012. The company offers telecommunications services to residential and business customers in Maryland.
Compare Top TV Providers
|WOW! Internet Cable and Phone|
Read 287 Reviews
Founded in 1996, WOW! is a digital cable provider operating in the Southeast and Midwest United States. By using customer feedback, WOW! offers a smaller lineup of channels that most customers will actually watch.
Read 211 Reviews
RCN offers digital programming for 星空娱乐app下载安装owners as well as a wide range of business networking services. Its 星空娱乐app下载安装 entertainment services include video on demand, as well as Internet, video streaming and digital television services.
Read 59 Reviews
MetroNet is a provider of fiber optic communication services headquartered in Evansville, Ind. They bring high-speed internet and other fiber services to communities across the state with online and local stores.
Read 231 Reviews
Cable ONE is one of the oldest cable companies in the United States, offering its services since 1986. Today, it serves customers in 19 states from its Arizona corporate headquarters and sends out monthly customer service surveys.
Read 2,570 Reviews
Time Warner Cable is the second largest cable television provider in the United States. It has provided services since the early 1970s, and today offers high speed Internet and data services in addition to entertainment services.
Read 84 Reviews
Broadstripe is a smaller cable service that provides local service to consumers in Anne Arundel County in Maryland. 星空娱乐app下载安装 include cable television, Internet and phone for both residential and business customers.
Information in this guide is general in nature and is intended for informational purposes only; it is not legal, health, investment or tax advice. makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from its use.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the latest consumer news is on its way!